Short hair, don’t care! Extensions can give you the length and volume you need to rock any style, regardless of your hair length. If you’re looking for a little bit of extra oomph, hair extensions might be the perfect solution for you. This blog post will discuss how to add hair extensions on short hair – the right way.
Why Do Women Love Hair Extensions?
One of the main reasons women love hair extensions is because they give you the ability to change your look without having to commit to a new hairstyle. Hair extensions on short hair are also a great way to add volume and length to your hair. If you have thin or fine hair, extensions can help give you the appearance of thicker, fuller locks.
Another reason women love hair extensions is that they are relatively low maintenance. Unlike other hairstyles, you don’t have to worry about your extensions getting in the way or becoming damaged. With proper care, your extensions can last for months – even up to a year!
What Are the Factors I Need to Consider in Getting a Hair Extension?
When choosing hair extensions on short hair, there are a few factors you will need to consider to find the best option for you.
- Hair Length: As a general rule, your hair must be at least 10-15cm (4-6 inches) long to use extensions effectively. The reason is that the hair has to protect the clip and extension bonds. Natural blending is essential, and ensuring you have enough length to blend is crucial.
- Hair type: The first factor you will need to consider is your hair type. Extensions come in different textures – from straight to curly – so it’s important to choose a texture that will blend well with your hair.
- Hair color: The second factor you will need to consider is your hair color. You will want to choose a hair extension closest to your natural hair color to achieve a natural look.
- Budget: The third factor you need to consider is your budget. Hair extensions can range in price from €100-€600, so it’s important to find an option that fits your budget.
What Are the Most Ideal Hair Extensions for Short Hair?
There are different hair extensions available on the market including Sew-ins, Glue-ins, and Halo Extensions. However, the best hair extensions for making the hair of a shorter length thicker would be:
- Clip-in hair extensions. Clip-in sets are perfect for girls with shorter hair since they instantly increase volume and come in various sizes and thicknesses that best fit your hair. They are simple to put on and are ideal for people looking to boost their length or volume anytime they want to.
- Tape hair extensions. These are great for those who like long locks and wish to have flawless hair every day. While taping tabs are larger than other options for semi-permanent order, they’re very sleek and invisible when put in. Hair extensions made of tape are also extremely light on hair, making them suitable for people who have hair that is thin or fine and doesn’t put too much stress on the scalp.
How Do I Style My Hair with Extensions?
Once you have chosen the perfect hair extension for you, it’s time to learn how to style it! Below are some tips on styling your hair extensions:
- Brush your hair before adding the extension. This will help to avoid tangles and knots.
- Add the extension starting at the back of your head and working your way up.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to gently brush your hair after adding the extension.
- Style your hair as you would normally style it. You can curl, straighten, or add products to achieve your desired look
There are many different ways on styling your hair extensions, from wearing them in a ponytail to curling them into beachy waves. The sky is the limit – get creative and have fun with your new look!
How Should I Choose the Best Salon Hair Extension Service in Ireland?
If you’re considering adding extensions to your short hair, one thing to note is that maintaining hair extensions will take some time. Additionally, incorrect installation could result in much more damage than good. So it is recommended to hire an experienced hair stylist like L’Ombre Hair and Salon for the best results.
Here are some important points to know in order to help you locate the top hair extensions available in Ireland:
- You pay what you’re getting for. High-quality hair extensions on short hair will cost a fortune, and hair extensions that are cheap aren’t the best. If you opt for top-quality, get a hair stylist to help you apply them correctly, and take care of them properly, they should last for up to 8 weeks or even a year!
- Extensions require extra attention and care. If you decide to go with a permanent solution such as tapes or hot/cold bonded extensions, you’ll have to allow the time needed to clean, dry, and style your hair.
- Good hair extensions look just like hair that is real! Hair extensions that are of high quality seamlessly blend in with your hair. The majority of people don’t even realize the difference unless your hair’s growth has accelerated in minutes!
- Hair extensions are becoming faster and simpler to use. Since hair extensions have grown in popularity, they have also seen significant technological advancements that allow the application of hair extensions more efficient and less time-consuming. Salons like L’Ombre can get you ready within an hour depending on the type of hair you require.
- Hair extensions should feel comfortable. If you experience discomfort or pain, you should go again to the stylist for the extensions moved. If you maintain them properly, such as regular, thorough washing (make sure you rinse thoroughly to ensure the soap doesn’t get stuck in between tapes!) and tie your hair up in the evening, your extensions will not cause pain or itching.
Why Are Hair Stylists Important in Hair Extensions for Short Hair?
Choosing the best stylists to do your hair extensions is important. Not all stylists are created equal, and finding one with experience is crucial. The stylist you choose should be able to answer any questions you have about the process and the products being used.
Like magic, your short hair can be transformed with extensions into the long, luscious locks you’ve always wanted. The key to getting it right is working with a stylist who knows what they’re doing and using high-quality products. Extensions can give you the volume and length you desire without damaging your natural hair, but only if they’re applied correctly.
At L’OmBré Hair & Beauty Salon, we are experts in hair extensions on short hair. We only use the highest quality products, and our stylists are trained to apply them correctly to look natural and feel comfortable.
If you’re thinking about getting hair extensions, or if you have them already and want to make sure you’re using the right products, give us a call or come in for a consultation. We would be happy to answer any of your questions!